1. Semantics-based Biomedical Informatics (SEMBI 2015)
The 1st International Workshop on Semantics-based Biomedical Informatics (SEMBI 2015) is a unique opportunity for researchers in semantic technologies, bioinformatics, computer science and medical-related areas to join forces in tackling the challenges of this interdisciplinary field. Held in conjunction with JIST 2015 in Hubei, China from Nov 11-13th, SEMBI is timely as biomedical data is large, complex and heterogeneous for the most part. The lack of well-defined standards of formats makes it tedious for bioinformaticians and other researchers alike to obtain data before they can conduct analysis and visualisation. SEMBI 2015 aims to bring together all types of semantics-based on-going research to foster collaboration and dissemination among the various groups concerned.
Deadline for submission: October 11th, 2015
Notification of acceptance: October 21st, 2015
Camera Ready: October 31st, 2015
Workshop date: Nov 11-13th, 2015
The scope of SEMBI 2015 are characterised by, but not limited to, the topics below:
- Biomedical Analysis and Linked Data
- Biomedical Ontologies (Gene Ontology, OBO, UniProtKB, BioPAX, etc.)
- Data Integration for Bioinformatics (RDF, etc.)
- Knowledge Representation for Biomedical Informatics (RDF/OWL, SMBL, BioPAX, KEGG, etc.)
- Linked Omics Data
- Ontology Mapping, Merging, and Alignment for Biomedical Informatics
- Ontology/Semantic Web application framework
- Schema Modelling for Biomedical Informatics
- Storage Engines for Biomedical Data
- Tools and Applications for Biomedical Informatics
- Visualisation of Biomedical Data
- Web Bioinformatics
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, neither submitted nor accepted for publication in any other workshop, conference, or journal. They must be written in English.
Submissions must be in PDF format, using the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Paper length should be between 6 pages (min) and 16 pages (max). SEMBI 2015 will not accept submissions that are under review for or have already been published in or accepted for publication in other sources.
Authors are invited to send their manuscripts as an attachment (PDF format) through the EasyChair system https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jist2015 under “SEMBI2015 Track”. In case of any inquires, please do not hesitate to contact organizing committee chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org or gaya3 [at] snu.ac.kr
Hong Gee Kim, Seoul National University
Gaya Nadarajan, Seoul National University